The right tool to quickly test proper LAN operation after completing a move, add or change (MAC)
The Pinger Plus is a unique handheld tester used for installing and maintaining computer Local Area Networks (LANs) running the TCP/IP protocol. It uses the powerful PING function at either 10 or 100 Mbps to verify connectivity, to check transmitted and received data integrity, to indicate network traffic loading by measuring round trip time, and to provide the MAC address of an IP address and warn when the default gateway cannot be located.
The Pinger Plus can PING using variable packet sizes and up to 99 times consecutively. In addition, PING can be performed for a single IP address, or a range of IP addresses. The Pinger Plus also identifies reversed polarity for improperly connected wire pairs, and provides a port ID feature with selectable blink rates to identify to which port on a hub or switch the wall outlet is connected.
This is the first handheld tester to provide gigabit over copper link detection. When connected to a hub, switch or NIC, the Pinger Plus displays the speed (10/100/1000 Mbps) and duplex mode (half or full) capabilities of the equipment. The Pinger Plus is an ideal tool for quickly testing proper LAN operation after completing a move, add or change (MAC). Trouble calls are easily handled by verifying link connection and running the comprehensive PING test. Resolve internet connectivity issues with the DHCP client mode that ensures a DHCP server is available and displays IP address assignment. Remote office support can be provided by connecting the Pinger Plus to the LAN at the remote office trouble point, and PINGing the tester over the internet.
- PINGs at full 10/100 auto-negotiate speeds.
- PINGs a single, a list, or a range of IP addresses.
- Identifies 10/100/1000Base-TX link signals.
- Stores up to 8 preprogrammed profiles that include Pinger Plus IP address, gateway address and 1 - 8 destination IP addresses that can be PINGed individually or successively.
- Verifies LAN operation at a remote location over the internet.
- Displays the MAC address for a tested IP address.
- Provides port identification function (link light activation).
- Identifies wire pair connections with reversed polarity.
- DHCP client capability verifies DHCP server functioning and correct IP addresses are being provided.
- Web browser interface for unit setup and software upgrade.
- Alphanumeric keyboard for easy IP address entry.
Psiber Cable Tracker Network ID Complete Kit